Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yummy Crock-Pot Dinner

I'm always on the lookout for yummy crock-pot dinners.  My crock-pot is a lifesaver when I'm busy in the evenings teaching.  I made this last week and it was a hit.

BEEF STROGANOFF



1/3 cup             All purpose flour
1 tsp                 Salt
1/4 tsp              Pepper
1/2 tsp              Paprika
2 lbs.                Beef Round steak, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips

1 1/2 cups        Chopped onion
1/4 tsp              Garlic powder
14 oz.               Canned tomatoes, with juice, broken up
1/4 cup             Ketchup
2 tsp                 Beef bouillon powder
2 cups              Sliced fresh mushrooms

1 cup                Light sour cream (I admit I used regular sour cream)

Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in  plastic bag.  Place a few strips of steak in at a time.  Shake to coat.  Place in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.

Mix next 7 ingredients in bowl.  Pour over steak.  Cover.  Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours or on High for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.

Stir in sour cream last 30 minutes of cooking time.  Serves 6.

I served mine over egg noodles.  So yummy, and so easy!  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment