Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, April 17, 2011

I May Have Created a Monster!

Yesterday Jason and I took the boys to a Model Train show at the Soccer Centre.  I noticed a banner a couple of weeks ago and looked it up on line and looked like something the whole family would enjoy.  It was a lousy day outside so it was a good one to spend indoors.  I'm so mad I forgot my camera as I would have liked to have gotten some pictures.  The boys were totally into it.  There were all different kinds of exhibits with all different sizes of trains.  Some of the work done to make the backdrops were amazing.

Jason was very entriqued and I think I may have created a monster as his creative juices are already working as to what he could create.  Building the sets really appealed to him and I've always had a love of miniatures so I must admit it would be pretty fun.

The highlight of the show was a big display made entirely of lego.  It was huge and very detailed with lots of trains and a section even of downtown Calgary complete with authentic looking c-trains.

To complete our family day we took the boys to Montana's for supper.  Bowen was so hungry I don't think I've ever seen him eat so much.  He had a loaf of cornbread, a pretzel bone, his entire pizza, a few apple slices and a mini ice cream cone for dessert.  He even asked for a snack before bed at 7:30 p.m.

It was a fun day and I'm sure we will make the train show an annual outing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment