Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mystery Solved

Last week my visiting teachers had set up an appointment time to come by my house for a visit.  I was spending the morning in the living room by my big picture window reading my latest bookclub book.  The time I'd had expected them to come came and went so I just kept reading.  My friend Shelley phoned a bit later to see if I had finished the book (she needed to return it to the library) and asked if my visiting teachers had left.  I told her they never came - they visit her as well and she told me they had left her house over an hour ago.  I concluded something must have come up and didn't think about it again.

On Sunday one of my visiting teachers came over to me and asked if something had come up and if that was why I hadn't been at home on Wednesday.  I assured her I was home and had been sitting right by the front door.  She said they had knocked twice and rang the door bell.  I thought maybe they had the wrong house but she assured me they knew they had the right place.  So she set up another appointment for today.  They arrived a little late but both laughing to the point of near hysterics when they got to my door.

They told me they had pulled into the driveway of what they thought was my house.  Evelyn had BANGED on the door - thinking Vernetta had just knocked to softly last time.  When that didn't work Vernetta tried the door and it was unlocked so she opened it.  The first thing they noticed was a strong smell of smoke and thought maybe I had company, Vernetta also thought the entry looked a bit different but then started calling my name into the house.  About then Evelyn noticed the number on the door said 149 not 141.  Realizing their mistake I guess they hightailed it out of there (as quick as sweet little 80 year olds can) and drove two doors down to my house.

Vernetta had the giggles for about 20 minutes about it.  It was so funny to see her get such a kick out of it.  It was like two high school girls up to highjinks.  I love my visiting teachers - they are hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. I think that it's funny nobody was home at the other house, and they walked in. That made me laugh. You have great VTers. (I'm sure that is a word right:)) Your mom said you had more appointment this week and you are starting to feel more relaxed about the whole thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete