Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Preschool Graduation & 100th Post Contest

Yesterday we celebrated Bowen's graduation from preschool.  Jason says it is completely insane, which it is, but it is also completely adorable.  He looked so grown up in his little cap and gown.  I've never seen him act so giddy.  He was so excited to be graduating.  They had a nice little ceremony and he was presented with his certificate and a memory book from his fabulous teacher.  He took homemade toffees to give her.


I think I pushed my luck and took too many pictures!
After the ceremony Jason and I took Bowen out for lunch.  I think he felt pretty special being able to spend time alone with mom and dad.

Next came his big surprise.  We went to Toys R' Us and Bowen got to pick out a new bike.  He was beyond excited.  He picked out a red Hot Wheels bike. 

All they had left was the floor model.  It looked a bit beat up so we asked for a discount.  One of the staff took it to the back to inspect it and tighten any bolts etc. and I went to the front to pay.  A bit later he came and told me that he couldn't sell us the bike as the front wheel was damaged.  Bowen was crushed.  It was totally the bike he wanted, but we assured him we could probably find it somewhere else.

So off to Canadian Tire (we should have gone there first), they had the same bike only in a great blue color, was in great shape and was $10.00 cheaper.  Happy boy once again.  He had the sales lady thinking he was so cute about how excited he was about his new bike. 

On the drive to pick up Ashton - Bowen says to me "mom - you are the best mom and dad I've ever had!"  We got to the bus stop a little early so Bowen tried out his new bike in the tennis court.  He'd make a few laps and then come running over and giving us hugs.  So cute!

How did my little boy go from this adorable little baby to a preschool graduate in the blink of an eye?  Say it isn't so!!



100th POST
So today is my 100th post, so I thought I'd have a little contest.  Everyone who comments on this blog will have their name put into a hat and I'll draw a winner.  What will the winner win you ask?

A BAG OF HOMEMADE TOFFEES

You have until Saturday, June 25th - midnight to enter.  Draw will be made Sunday, June 26th.  Good luck!!

7 comments:

  1. I know those toffees and they are worth much more than a comment. Love your blog and your sweet boys! They are growing up too quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lalainia you are so cute! I love your blog, they are always so much fun to read. And I absolutely love that little boy of yours, although not so little anymore! I love his excitement for life and his comments are so priceless! Where does the time go? I can't believe one for year until Ashton and Emry are baptized. You have a sweet family I truly admire all of you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh for sure i want those delicious toffees.
    your blog is adorable and congratulations to Bowen for graduating. He looked so grown up in his hat and gown. You made his day very menorable for him Lainie and Jason. You are great parents and those 2 boys are lucky to have you.
    I AM GOING TO WIN THOSE TOFFEES, THEY ARE MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    loveyou, aunt sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I love contests. Sign me up. Secondly, home made toffees sound divine. Thirdly, I wouldn't be able to eat them (well maybe just one) but I know a few punks who would gobble them. And fourth, Bowen cracks me up. Congrats on the big graduation. Little kids are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may not be doing much in Primary these days, but I'm definitely available if you need to give some toffee away! Love to read all your fun stories about your boys. Definitely looking forward to someday having my own adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am super excited. I was going to comment anyways but that was the clincher. I want to know where you ate that you got such a cool kids meal. Blake would love it. Totally jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I am too late, it's after midnight, but I still had to comment on what a great posting your #100 was. What an awesome day for mom, dad, and your young man!!! I need to remember to check in here more often, it was great. Thanks Lalainia.

    ReplyDelete