Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, June 20, 2011

Stake Conference Talk & Father's Day

This past weekend was emotional and wonderful for me.  On Saturday night I had been asked to speak at the Adult Session of our Stake Conference on my experiences with the Temple.  I pondered this topic all week and remembered many special times I've had in the temple.  In my talk I shared journal entries I had made after I first went to the temple when I was 12 to do baptisms for the dead, and again when I went for the first time as an adult.  I shared about when we lost Kenny and how much comfort and peace I felt in the temple knowing that because of Jason and my eternal marriage our family would be reunited in the eternities.  I shared a quote I recently found on someone's blog (I wish I could remember whose blog I stole it from) but it explained so well exactly how I feel.  I think it touched a few hearts as I had one lady give me her email address that night to send it to her - and another lady stopped me in the grocery store today and wrote it on the back of a receipt.

"Worry is anticipating the outcome will be bad.
Hope is anticipating the outcome will be good.
Faith is anticipating that no matter the outcome it will be for my benefit."

It was a very emotional talk for me to share but I'm so grateful I had the opportunity and it was definitely a faith building experience for me.  Mom was able to come and hear me and I was so glad she was there.  When President Carter spoke he shared with the congregation an experience he had recently had in the Temple regarding Dad that is so special to me. The whole evening was excellent.

Sunday of course was Father's Day.  I was a horrible wife this year and didn't plan a thing for my poor husband.  I think maybe my heart wasn't quite in it after losing my dad this year.  I didn't even go look at Father's Day cards.  My sweet boys made sure to make the day special for their dad however.

I noticed Ashton was up early Sunday morning.  He came towards our room, but then stopped and went downstairs.  A few minutes later he was at Jason's side of the bed with a "Happy Father's Day - I made you a sandwich!"  It was so sweet.  So Jason ate his nutella sandwich in bed at 6:50 a.m.  Ashton said he saw what time it was and thought he had better hurry before Dad had to get to meetings.

Later that day the boys gave Jason gifts they had made him at school.

Tile Coasters from Ashton

Of course Homemade Cards

Soup from Bowen - Yes Soup!  The card said "Here's some Soup for a Souper Dad!"
Mom, Rachel and Liam were up for the weekend and we enjoyed their company.  We had steak, potatoes, and brocolli salad for dinner - yummy!

The only thing missing, of course, was Dad!  I felt all weekend as though he wasn't too far away.  I know he is still mindful of us.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment