Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, June 27, 2011

Soccer, Soccer and More Soccer

So both Ashton and Bowen were involved in Timbits Soccer this year.  We had 8 weeks of 3 nights a week of soccer.  This was not an easy task with having to shuffle piano students and Jason has been quite busy at work but somehow we made it work.  Ashton played on Monday and Wednesday evenings and Bowen played on Tuesdays.  I was also the team parent for Bowen's team.

Bowen's team was the "Light Grey Sharks".  I wasn't sure how Bowen would do.  Those of you who know him well, know that he is a "bit" of a drama queen.  So I half expected tantrums in the middle of the field, but he actually did great.  Of course at this age it is pretty much a hoard of little kids chasing after the ball, but he made one goal, tons of assists, and did well in goal.  Of course, that was when he wasn't flirting with any little girl who happened to be on the field.
Ashton's team was the "Orange Tornadoes".  This was Ashton's 3rd year so he is starting to understand how the game is played and it wasn't quite as painful to watch these games.  He is starting to play more aggressively and he really enjoyed his season.  I hope we can find a way to let the boys play again next year.  It is a very inexpensive league and close to home - I just only wished it was held in the summer.

This past week were their last games where they were presented with their individual and team pictures, a soccer ball, bag and of course a medal.  Only a couple of Ashton's games were cancelled because of rain, and Bowen was able to play every one of his games.  They had a great season!!

1 comment:

  1. The boys look thrilled with their medals, and they look so grown up out on the field! It is hard to believe only 2 of Ashton's games and none of Bowen's were cancelled, that must be a record! Lately June has been such a wet month! I am excited to see you guys this weekend, it looks like there is a ton of stuff to do! I am also excited to see you guys tomorrow night! Thank you again for watching Armin, you will be his first babysitter, I hope he does okay for you! I will have to remember my camera and take a picture of him with you and your "boys" and post about his first babysitting experience! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete