Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, August 1, 2011

Not My Grandma's Flower Garden

When I was a little girl growing up on the farm in Champion we lived in the same yard as my Grandparents.  I adored my Grandma Hannah and spent many hours with her.  I could do an entire blog about her (maybe later) but one of my favorite memories is her flower garden.  Her yard was so beautiful.  Even today smelling flowers triggers memories of my grandma.  She spent hours in her yard, weeding and tending to her flowers.  She would pick beautiful bouquets to take to church each week during the summer.  I'm afraid I don't have her green thumb but I try to add a little beauty to my backyard each summer by planting some annuals. 
The planter off the garage window at the front of the house.
Planters on either side of the french doors from the kitchen going to the backyard.  Oh my, do we need a new mat!!
Planter under the trelis (spelling?)
Hanging pots on the gazebo
Planters on either side of the lower deck where we have our fire pit.  I think these begonias are my favorite!!
A couple extra planters around the yard.
I love all the hostas that come up each year!!
Roses from my little rose bush!
It's not my grandma's flower garden but I still enjoy sitting in my backyard and enjoying them.  I think next year I'll try to plant a few perennials.  I've got a little section under my family room window that needs some attention.  It gets almost full sun all day - any suggestions?  Maybe tulips??

2 comments:

  1. very pretty, I love window box flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lainie. Yes my mom certainly had a green thumb and nothing wrong with your garden at all. YOU know the begonias were some of mom's favorites. I have 2 begonias, and think of mom alot.
    I love gardening, but you are doing awesome. Also love your new chairs. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete