Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Biting Off More Than I Can Chew

Well I think I finally did it - this weekend I officially bit off more than I could chew.  That said, I did get everything done and it all went really well.  But I took yesterday to recuperate and to be able to blog about it.

It all started Friday when Jason and I got a sitter and finally got our Christmas shopping for the boys done.  Then Saturday morning I was incharge of a Christmas party for the primary children in our ward.  We had about 18 kids in attendance and I think they had a good time.  They made crafts ...


The kids put on the nativity, they looked cute in all the costumes!

Mary and Joseph arriving in Bethlehem

Our Wise "Men"

I didn't know there was a turkey in the Nativity story

The kids wrote out their gift for Jesus this year.


Of course no party is complete without food.  Little kids can eat alot.  While they ate they watched "Mickey's Christmas Carol".

Ice Cream Bar
Lastly was a visit from Santa!!

Later that evening was our Ward Adult Christmas Party.  The food was delicious and I sang "Please Come Home for Christmas" on the program, as well as playing for carol singing and accompanying a couple other numbers.

When I got home I made rice krispie squares for Sunday and got sharing time ready, and stayed up waaay to late.  Sunday started with choir and meetings.  After church I quickly came home and prepared the house and food for my student recital.  23 students were able to come and they all played so well - I was very proud of them.

Of course after I took a few pictures the battery in my camera died.  Typical!  After the kids all played and sang for each other I had some munchies for them.  I served sausage, cheese, crackers, pickles, carrots, chips, rice krispie squares and chocolate fingers. 

After everyone was picked up Jason's brother Ty, his wife Jill and their two boys arrived for supper.  They munched on a bit of the leftovers from the recital while I got dinner ready.  We had hawaiian haystacks and ice cream sundaes.  We had their name for Christmas so they opened their presents and we had a great time together.  I love that they live here and we get to see them so much.  I had lots of cuddle time with sweet little Bennett and got my baby fix.

Sorry for such a long post - but alot happened this weekend.  This week is so much calmer.  I still have students, but I just have a little bit of baking to do and some shopping for Jason.  Whew!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I am tired for you!! Take it easy this week and take some much needed "me" time! Maybe a nice hot bubble bath! I am looking forward to seeing you next week, and all the rest of your family too! Have a good week, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me!!! Obviously you didn't bite off more than you could chew because you still managed to do it all. I hope you can relax a little before Christmas. Love you

    ReplyDelete