Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, December 7, 2012

Parent/Teacher Interviews

Last Friday the boys' report cards came home from school.  I was pleased with both of their reports and they continue to do well at school.  Ashton is having a much better year.  He likes his teacher alot, and she seems to get him.  At parent/teacher interviews today she affectionately called Ashton "her little absent minded professor".  I thought that was a great description of Ashton.  He is so bright, but can be easily distracted or start thinking about something else.  His reading and spelling continues to improve and I'm proud of the work he has been doing this year.

Bowen is doing great.  He is reading and comprehending at a level well beyond his Grade and loves to learn.  His teacher mentioned to me today that "Bowen has so many ideas and thoughts and wants to share them that he sometimes doesn't wait his turn and talks over others."  REALLY??  I never would have guessed that.  He is such a talker.  He's doing great and I'm so pleased my boys are in this great little school.

Last night during parent/teacher interviews a committee had organized a meal for the teachers.  I had volunteered to bring dessert - so I tried a recipe off of pinterest that Amber had pinned a couple of weeks ago.  They turned out awesome and my family really liked them as well.

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH PEPPERMINT CREAM CHEESE ICING


2 comments:

  1. Glad they are doing well. Your cupcakes turned out awesome. Love the two-tones frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cupcakes!! I'm glad they turned out, my mom asked me to make some for Mark's Christmas party and I was going to do these, now I'll know that they are a hit!!!

    ReplyDelete