Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, December 10, 2012

Tickling the Ivories

Yesterday was a busy music day for me.  It started with choir rehearsal at 8:30 a.m.  Then I sang in sacrament meeting with a man from our ward.  He asked me last minute and he was unable to find an accompaniest for us.  I offered to just let him sing a solo and I'd accompany him - but he wondered if it would be too wierd for me to sing from the piano.  I checked with Jason (who was in charge of sacrament meeting yesterday - handy!!) and he thought it would probably be okay since I wasn't singing the entire piece anyway.  So that is what we did.  Steven stood beside the piano, we didn't mic ourselves, we both have pretty big voices and it actually turned out kind of beautiful. 

Then after church back to church at 5:30 p.m. for another choir rehearsal.  Our choir was singing at our Stake Choral Festival.   The Stake Music Chairman had asked if I would play some prelude.  I thought I'd take the opportunity to play some pieces I rarely get a chance to play since some are not appropriate for a sacrament meeting.  They asked me to play for 15 minutes so I prepared 5 pieces.  First - One Small Child with Infant Holy, Infant Lowly, second - Once in Royal David's City, third - Go Tell It On the Mountain, fourth - Away in a Manger, and last - Still, Still, Still.  I realize people didn't really listen closely but I hope it set a nice mood for the evening.

I thought I'd give you a little taste and play my favorite for you - Go Tell It On the Mountain.  Sorry the recording is not that fabulous (it's just the webcam), and I promise my piano does not sound that tinny in person.  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing you play the piano! I bet it was beautiful and set the tone for the rest of the evening! Have a good week, and try to catch some time to just relax!!!

    ReplyDelete