Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Preparing for Christmas

While cleaning the house on  Saturday before we had company over on Sunday I also got the rest of the house decorated for Christmas.  We had put up the kids tree a week or so ago, but had stopped there.  I love decorating for Christmas and love how cozy it makes our home feel.  My mom requested photos - so here they are.
Kids tree in the family room.

Dollar Store Christmas flowers replace fall ones on the kitchen island.








Love our new star for the octagon window!


Home decorated, chocolates made - next on the list is the Stake choral festival, visiting teaching lunch, primary christmas party, performing at the ward Christmas party, student holiday recital and lots of baking.

4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Maybe it's a good thing I didn't bring my kids this week. I am sure the little nativity and Christmas village would have been too tempting not to touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star in the window does look great. Your list of stuff left to do is exhausting. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! I love you eye for decorating!! I agree Christmas decorations do make the house feel cozy! I am anxiously waiting to get our tree! Then our house will be ready for the rest of our decorations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need a few more things on that to-do list!!!!! I'm tired just reading it. I'm sure you forgot to mention Homemade buns that your family won't let you forget to make every week since you made them as a treat for them. Christmas Advents and Crafts. Christmas lights at the Zoo. Christmas is a fun time at the Atwoods. Thanks for posting the decorations. Beautiful!!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete