Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Remembering

Remembering my Dad today.  2 years ago today he passed away.  It seems like longer.  I think it is because he was such a presence in my life and I notice the void.  I'm thankful for so many wonderful memories.  He was a fun dad.  So many things I do and say remind me of him - what a blessing that is!  He certainly left a legacy.  My boys speak of him often - especially Bowen, I'm grateful they had such a special bond!  I love and miss him so much.  It is a comfort to know we will see him again - but it sure doesn't make your heart ache any less.  Love you Dad!!






4 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures. Nice to see them again. We were also talking about how it has been two years but seem longer this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHh, just made a tear in my eye to see his picture again. Yes, he was a super dad and I know you notice the void, as I do too.
    He was a special man and we will see him again.
    Love you, hope you have a happy day remembering him. I am trying too.
    Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! Thanks Lalainia! He really will hold a special place in all of our hearts! I too am thankful for the bond he and Emry shared, it will be a memory she will never forget! Thank you for letting me be apart of such a wonderful family and letting me call him dad too! I love you and I am thinking about you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lalainia for that beautiful post. He loved all of us so much and was such an important presence in our family. I think I will never get over the missing. I don't think I really want to. I want my sweetheart to always be alive in my memory. What a comfort to know we will see him again. Love all my family so much. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete