Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, July 1, 2014

O Canada

I love living in Canada.  What a wonderful country and I am grateful for my freedom to live the way I wish.  We started our July 1st at our ward's annual pancake breakfast.  My mom, and Ty, Jill and their boys joined us this year.  It was nice to have them with us.  We were served pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage patties and watermelon.

After breakfast the primary children had a parade.



For the third year in a row the boys decided they wanted to build a float for the parade.  Due to a shortage of time available they thought they would make a float they could both carry - so with the help of their dad they built a pirate ship.

They shot their cap guns out of the cannons!



Dane & Bennett playing with it.

Cadence patiently waiting to go home.

After the breakfast Jill and Ty invited us to go to Sundance Lake with them for the afternoon.  It was a beautiful day, maybe a little cool with the wind.  The boys had a great time swimming and playing on the beach with Dane and Bennett.  Cadence was a good girl and slept most of the time.  After a few hours in the sun we went over to Jill and Ty's and had pizza and then headed home.

We had a great Canada Day as a family and was so nice to be able to spend time with extended family as well.  True North Strong and Free!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is so fun how your primary does a parade. Awesome pirate float. Cute little Canada shirt foy Cadence. Glad you had a good day with everyone.

    ReplyDelete