Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, June 27, 2014

Schools Out for Summer

I can't believe another school year has come to an end.  Wednesday was the boys last day at school.  Both boys had a great year, but they are definitely ready for a break.

Walking home from the bus stop, they seemed pretty excited for summer!

I was watching the little boys yesterday, they were very excited to see their cousins get home.


After the little boys got picked up and Jason got home from work we decided to go out for dinner to celebrate.  Wednesday is kids eat free at ABC so we headed there.  The boys got to order a special dessert.





The balloon girl was there too - both boys asked for a sword.



Cadence was a really good girl and patiently waited for us to finish eating.


They had great report cards.  Ashton had almost all 5's.  Ashton and his dad also had a deal again this year that if he maintained a 90% on his spelling tests that he would receive $65.00.  Spelling is a struggle for Ashton - each week he'd have spelling homework and then a spelling test each Friday.  Throughout the year Ashton got 100% on all of his tests.  We are very proud of him.

Bowen has been asking for Minecraft for quite some time.  His dad had promised him if he did well in school and did other jobs for the family that he would get it for him.  As a surprise we took the boys to Walmart and we bought Bowen a tablet that we will download Minecraft onto.  Really it is a present for me so that Bowen won't completely take over the laptop.  Since Bowen got something extra Ashton received $100.00 for his surprise.  They were both so excited they cried in Walmart and gave their dad a bit hug.

Ashton is still deciding what to spend his money on - he's considering a tablet.
So that we don't completely waste our summer I've told the boys that each morning we will all be assigned certain chores that must be done before we play in the afternoons.  Also, to help keep up their writing skills I will periodically be giving them little writing assignments.  I hope we have a great summer - I know it will go by quickly.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations boys!!!! Enjoy the much needed break this summer!! Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can see the joy of being brothers in that picture also. Fun way to celebrate end if year. What great accomplishments for them both. We also have a chores first rule. Even if they are done can't play out with friends till noon. We pay out kids $2 for every age appropriate book read but I like the writing too. Maybe I could do book report or story prompt. What kind of writing are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to have them write little reports after fun outings - for instance "What did you like about Calaway?"

      Delete