Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, April 6, 2018

General Conference

Not only was this past weekend Easter, but it was also General Conference weekend.  I love General Conference.  I love being able to stay home with my family and have a relaxed weekend together listening to inspired messages from our church leaders.  My boys have started watching the entire weekend with me.  They usually are building lego, or playing on their DS's but I know they pay attention as they make comments.

The Saturday night Priesthood session was the first time both boys could attend with their dad now that Bowen has turned 12.  They were excited to come home and tell me all the great changes.


Sunday morning we all watched that session without any distractions.  It was so wonderful to see a new prophet, and 2 new apostles sustained. I know these men are called of God, and I support and sustain them.

We made a special brunch of eggs benedict.  My favorite - so delicious!!


Then we watched the 2nd session.  So many exciting changes and inspired messages.  I got so much out of the talks and am anxious to read and study them further.

I made Easter dinner - not a very traditional one, but yummy just the same.  We had roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, yorkshires, carrots and corn, with brownies and icecream for dessert.  I forgot to take any pictures, but it was enjoyed by all.

Cadence really enjoyed Easter.  I don't know how much of the true meaning of easter she understood but we'll keep working on that.  She picked her favorite easter egg friends and lined them up on the TV stand and throughout the day she'd go over and pet them and put them back.  So cute!


It wasn't very nice spring weather, but it was warm, cozy and springy in our home.  Such a great weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Yummy Eggs Benedict and wonderful General Conference. Love you guys. Love Mom and Nani-Grandma

    ReplyDelete