Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

For Ashton's birthday this year I told him he could invite a couple of buddies and we would do whatever he wanted to.  He decided to invite his good friends Miller and Dylan and to go to a movie.  After school we headed to the mall to see the movie "Rango".  The movie was pretty fun, the boys liked it.  I never thought to check the rating as several people had told me they had taken their kids - there actually were a couple of swear words in it.  Hopefully I won't get any complaints from the parents.
The boys waiting for the movie to start.
After the movie we went to the food court for hotdogs and fries.
How cute are they!
After supper we headed back home to open presents.
Ashton was very happy with all his presents.  He got Beyblades from Dylan, Star Wars Color Explosion and a Star Wars T-shirt from Miller, Atlantis Lego from Bowen, and a Darth Vadar Alarm Clock and Air Hogs from us.

Ashton obviously happy with what Bowen bought him.

He loved his Darth Vadar Alarm Clock!
Bowen had a few meltdowns about how awesome Ashton's presents were.  I'd hear him whispering "don't let it be awesome" as Ashton opened them.

It's not my party but I'll cry if I want too!
 After presents came the cake.  Ashton asked for a Dairy Queen cake this year.  Sponge Bob of course, one of his favorites.
The boys tried out some of the new toys including the Air Hog Vectron.

It was a fun day, and I'm tired so I'm off to bed.  To finish it all off on a great note, Ashton's report card came home today and it was just awesome.  I'm so proud of him.  His teacher wrote that "his enthusiastic and energetic ways are refreshing".  I totally agree but would perhaps add "sometimes exhausting".
Happy Birthday Ashton - We Love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment