Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My "New Do" and Slight Panic

I love getting my hair done - unfortunately by the time I get highlights and then a cut and styling I can only afford to do this process about every 6 months.  Saturday was one of those lovely days.  It is so therapeutic to me to have my hair fussed over and the head massage they include at the salon I go to is heavenly!  My hair probably doesn't look very different to everyone else - but I had her include more layers and she took off a bit of length, but I like the overall look and it feels great to have bangs back again.
This shot sort of shows the back!
So the mystery of what is going on with my health never seems to fail me.  Friday another new symptom arrived - not one I want - kind of a scary symptom actually.  I'll leave out all the gory details.  Luckily I already had an appointment set up with my doctor for me and the boys for Monday morning.  The boys checked out great - although they haven't put on the weight in the last year that the doctor expected.  He's not concerned about it but wants me to bring them back in 6 months just to check again.  I think they are probably just going to take after their father and be skinny kids.  As for me, more tests to come, a CT scan of complete abdominal and my back, a pap test, and perhaps another ultrasound.  Hopefully we will get to the bottom of things soon.

I've had a few bad moments of complete panic worried about the worse case scenario, but I eventually calm myself down and know I'll be able to handle whatever is going on.  I need to rely on my Heavenly Father more - why is giving up control so difficult.  I'm sure I'm driving my husband crazy.  He's not used to this emotional mess - currently his wife, or maybe he is!  Either way he is so supportive and just lets me have my rants and then holds me and lets me cry.  I'm praying now that I don't need to wait to long for these tests to happen.  I also realize so many are going through far worse things and that perspective (when I'm thinking straight) helps me.  However, I've sure appreciated how concerned my family and friends have been.  I have several people who check in on me often to see what is going on now!  Thanks so much.  Your support, love and prayers mean alot to me!

4 comments:

  1. Cute hair! My kids will brush my hair and rub me head whenever I have a headache and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new do, you look so cute with bangs! I am also happy to hear you have tests lined up. I am thinking and praying a lot, it is so hard when we don't know the outcome to what lies ahead. But it truly is a blessing that we have the gospel in our lives and that we know Heavenly Father loves us and will take care of us no matter what. I love you lots and I do hope all turns out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am concerned about you Lainie. What kind of symptons are you having? I went through alot down there before I had my hysterctomy....hope they can figure out what is wrong. I love your hair cut. One picture you look so much like Sheri, I did a double take. Can sure tell you are cousins. Have 4 kids sick tonight, so an easy night for me.
    Hope all turns out well for you. I will be thinking about you. Love you, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your do looks fab... I missed it. Its not your fault, I think you got the Puzey worrying gene. Hope you can just breath and they will figure things out for you SOON and you can start feeling better. I think the worst is just not knowing whats going on. Thinking about you:)

    ReplyDelete