Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Results Are In!!

So I had my follow up appointment with the GI Guy today.  All my biopsy results after the colonoscopy came back normal - such a relief!!  He thinks that perhaps my pelvic floor has weakened and is not quite functioning normally and could be causing some of the things I'm feeling.  So he's ordered a pelvic floor examination.  Should I google to see what is involved with this test - or just go in blissfully ignorant.  I think I'm leaning towards the blissfully ignorant.  In addition he recommends I have my doctor order at least x-rays or perhaps even an MRI to check out the back and leg pain.  My blood shows indicators of inflammation so it is possible the pain is arthritis.

The only upsetting thing today was the 1 1/2 hour wait at the hospital, and the $8.75 parking fee.  I'm happy that my doctors are being thorough, but so far nothing serious is showing up.  I'm feeling much calmer about the whole situation and am very grateful for good news, so far.  Thanks to all my family and friends who have kept me in their prayers. 

2 comments:

  1. I am going to google to find out what/where the pelvic floor is:) Good news about the rest. Although I wish you felt amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH, happy for you Lainie. Hopefully this pelvic floor test isn't too gruelling.
    Glad all is well as far as internal things.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete