Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recipe Tuesday

Last night I made one of our favorite meals that is so fast and easy I thought I'd put it on my blog.  Jason requested I make it a few days ago and I finally got around to it. 

Honey-Glazed Chicken Stir Fry

12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cups loose-pack frozen mixed vegetables
   Hot Cooked Rice

1.  Rinse chicken, pat dry.  Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
For sauce, in a small bowl stir together honey, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside.

2.  Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet.  Preheat over medium-high heat.  Stir-fry frozen vegetables for 3 minutes or till vegetables are crisp-tender.  Remove vegetables from wok.  Add chicken to hot wok.  Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or till chicken is no longer pink.  Push chicken from the centre of the wok.  Stir sauce; add to center of the wok.  Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.

3.  Return cooked vegetables to wok.  Stir all ingredients together to coat.  Cook and stir about 1 minute more or till heated through.  If desired, serve immediately over rice.  Makes 4 servings.

I usually double the ingredients in the sauce to make extra for the rice.  YUMMY!!

A good friend had brought over dinner for us on Sunday night so we still had our dessert we had planned for dinner on Sunday, so we had an extra treat and had dessert on a weeknight.  I maybe overdid the whipped cream a little.

You can never go wrong with Strawberry Shortcake!
Now to figure out what to have tonight - any ideas ...

No comments:

Post a Comment