Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, October 8, 2012

My Grateful Heart

We had a great Thanksgiving this past weekend.  On Sunday my mom, and Jason's mom and brother, Jill and Dane came for a big turkey dinner.  The night before I put the boys on the task of making place settings for everyone.  They made turkeys out of tootsie pops.  I thought they turned out cute.  They would have stayed together better with hot glue but the boys really wanted to make them.










I made pumpkin pies.



We served turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, butternut squash in brown butter, asparagas with hollandaise sauce and delicious buns my mom made.  For dessert, pumpkin pie with whipped cream of course.  We had a nice time together visiting and enjoying the yummy food.


Then on Monday Jason's sister Kailee and her fiance Will came up and we all had a nice big brunch together.  Then we headed to the Calgary Temple for a tour.  It was a very busy day at the temple.  We waited outside for about a half hour.  I wasn't prepared for the cold and had bare feet with sandals.  My toes were pretty frozen by the time we got in the church.  The tour was beautiful and everyone enjoyed it.  When we got back Jason's brother Ty and his wife Jill and son Dane came over for a visit.  We visited and after everyone left Ty, Jill and Dane stayed for leftovers.  I was so happy I had done my big cook on Sunday.  The leftovers were just as delicious without any of the work.

I have so very much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I love my family and am so grateful I have a home in which to entertain them.  I'm thankful for our new beautiful temple and the opportunity I will have to go often.  I'm thankful for Jason - for the amazing husband that he is and for the many sacrifices he makes for our family.  I'm thankful for my boys - what a blessing they are to me.  They are such sweet little spirits and hope I can help them grow into the amazing young men I know they are meant to be.  I'm thankful for my musical talents and the opportunity I have to share them with others.  So many things I can't mention them all.  But I am most grateful for my knowledge of who I am, where I came from, and where I am going.  How grateful I am for my Savior and Heavenly Father and all they have blessed me with.

I end this Thanksgiving weekend with a very grateful heart!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time with family, I'm glad you were able to have everyone over...Jared and I were both saying how strange it was not to do something with all the Puzey's...we sure missed everyone and really hope we can all get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to call you later this week to get a rehash of what to look for in the temple. We will also set up a time and place to see if we can meet Friday. I like the tootsie turkeys they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner - Delicious!!! Temple - Inspiring!!!!

      Delete