Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Candy Sushi

Last night for Family Home Evening our lesson was on being "Fishers of Men".  We talked about how Jesus has asked us to follow him and to share the gospel with others.  Then we discussed ways the boys could share the gospel and be missionaries.  With the temple open house the boys have told many of their friends about it and how they got to see the temple.  It has been such a good opportunity to share with others what we believe. 

To go along with with our theme I told the boys I had made "sushi" for a treat.  I got some "yucks", and "I'm not going to eat that", until they saw that it was "candy sushi".

Swedish Fish surrounded by rice krispie square then wrapped in a fruit roll up!
Thanks for the idea Charmaine - they were a big hit!

2 comments:

  1. Glad they liked them. That is a brilliant idea to have your snack match your lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. The Candy Sushi looks awesome. I would really like that treat. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend and I am so excited to go to the Temple OpenHouse. It will be a special Temple to our family. So grateful Jason could have such a special experience working there and helping it to be so beautiful. Love Mom P.

    ReplyDelete