Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, May 24, 2013

Cutting the Apron Strings

Earlier this week I had a parent call needing to move her kids piano and guitar lessons to another day this week if possible.  Without thinking I said "sure - how about Friday from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.  After getting off the phone I realized that I pick up the boys at the bus stop at 2:30 p.m. on Fridays.  So I talked to the boys about it and they thought they were ready to start walking home from the bus stop.

So we practiced Wednesday and Thursday.  I drove to the bus stop and then followed them home.  Seeing how they watched when they crossed the street and if they knew which way to go.  There are also 2 brothers a few doors down from us who walk home (one is in Grade 4) so the boys walked with them.

Today was the day!  The first time they walked home alone.  I was a little nervous but knew they were prepared and would be fine.  Sure enough right on time they rounded the corner coming up the street to our house.



My big boys being so grown up and responsible, taking their first small steps toward independence.  I know they are ready - I'm just not sure I am!!

1 comment: