Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Peach Crumble Muffins

Last week was Teacher Appreciation week at my boys school.  I volunteered to supply muffins for the teachers.  I thought I would like to try out a new recipe so I headed to pinterest.  I found a recipe for Peach Crumble muffins, I bought all the ingredients but then as I looked closer at the recipe I wasn't overly impressed and didn't want to make them.  Unfortunately I had already told the organizer what I was bringing so I was stuck.  So I headed back online and googled for a Peach Crumble muffin recipe and this one popped up.  This recipe is so delicious!  I made my muffins with canned peaches, but can't wait to try it with fresh peaches this summer.  If you enjoy muffins be sure to try out this recipe!


Peach Crumble Muffins
makes 24 muffins

For the Topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds (I left out as our school is nut free)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp cold butter

For the Muffins:
3 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups peaches, cut in 1/4 inch chunks

Instructions:
To make the topping:
1. In a medium bowl, toss together brown sugar, flour, oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Using a fork, work the butter into the oat mixture until its crumbly.  Set aside.

To make muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and place the oven racks.  Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.  Beat until mixture is creamy and light in colour, about 2 -3 minutes.  Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until well combined.  Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
4. Put machine back on low speed and alternate adding the milk and flour mixture.  Mix until just combined.
5. Fold in peaches by hand.  Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into each of the prepared muffin cups.
6. Sprinkle the prepared crumble mixture over the muffin batter.
7. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
Cool on wire rack before serving.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. I will try them, they look delicious. Kinda like the rhubarb streusdal muffins I make, that are so good too. Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love your rhubarb streusdal muffin recipe!

      Delete
  2. Those look great. I have no idea what I did before Pinterest:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those do sound really good. I asked Aaron last night what was the last thing I made that he really really liked - sugar cookies. So I'm only good for the sweet stuff, apparently (because he also loves my apple crisp). But he loves peaches, so maybe he'd like these? I'll have to try them sometime!

    ReplyDelete