Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, May 2, 2013

They Say it Gets Easier

Todays marks the 5th Anniversary of the birth of our third baby boy Kenneth David who was stillborn on May 2nd, 2008.  (I wrote all about his birth on my May 2nd 2011 blog post.)  It seems unbelievable that it has been 5 years.  They tell me it gets easier - I'm not so sure.

I'm doing pretty good today though.  I'm feeling a bit melancholy, but I think that is okay.  I'm giving myself permission to have those feelings.  I plan on going through Kenny's memory box and have a good cry.  Crying is cathartic for me, it feels good to release those emotions.

As a family we are planning to do something special on the weekend to mark the anniversary.  I'll blog about it next week.  I think it will be good for all of us.



Mommy misses you, my sweet baby boy!

3 comments:

  1. Those sounds like good things to do. Such a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how much I love you and your little family!! Thinking of you today and I will give you a call later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lalaina, I came to your blog through reading Sheri's blog. I am friends with many people you know and so have known who you are for years (Sandra Schultz was my roommate for years and my grandparents used to go to the Champion ward....Floy and Clarence Hyde) Anyway, wanted to let you know I also had a stillborn baby. She was a little girl we named Destiny. I blog about her on our family blog with the tag Destiny. Wanted to let you know I understand. My little Destiny would have be 5 right now too (6 in November) You're right. The heartache doesn't really go away.

    ReplyDelete