Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Concerts

With Ashton in Grade 1 and Bowen in Preschool both of the boys had Christmas Concerts this year.  Ashton's was a little play called "The Bell That Couldn't Ring".   It was quite cute and had some very precocious children in it.  Ashton was in the chorus.  We were seated kind of far back so it was hard to get a good picture of him. 
If you look really closely he's in the top row third from the left - in the white shirt.
Ashton kept looking for us, but the crowd was so dark he couldn't see us - even though we were standing up and waving our arms around like crazy people.  The play was cute and the chorus did a great job singing the songs.  I, of course, didn't watch anyone but Ashton during the songs and he seemed to know all the words.  Bowen behaved himself - it helped that we let him play the DS the entire time.  Oh well, it kept him quiet.  I wanted to get a close up picture of Ashton in his cute little elf hat, but by the time I got to his classroom to pick him up he was already in his coat and boots.

Bowen's concert was a couple of weeks later on December 22nd.  Bowen had been so excited about us coming to his concert.  I was however a bit apprehensive that he would actually participate.  I'd been told by his teacher that, lots of time when she does songs with actions or they dance around to music, Bowen will put his hands over his ears and not join in.  To my surprise and delight he did awesome.  He sings really quietly, so I couldn't really hear him but he was singing all the words and knew all of the actions.  His little class looked so cute.  I had him wear a white shirt and his Christmas tie and when we got to the school he was taking off his coat and one little girl told him what a nice tie he had.  It is so fun to see them with their little friends.

It was a great little concert.  I was so proud of both of my boys.  They are growing up to fast for me.  I wish I could slow it down a little.  I do really try to enjoy each little experience.  I think they are proud of each other too!  I hope they will always be good friends.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lainie , before you know it they will be going on their missions. Where do the years go. Seems like only a little while ago, Tanner was their age and now he is waiting for his letter which was mailed on Dec. 17th. We hope we get it soon. Loved the advent garland. I saw those in Avon, and now wish I had gotten it....but then no little ones to buy for, but would have kept for some great grandchildren someday, but not too soon. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete