Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Student Recital

Now that I have enough students the last couple of years I've been having Christmas Recitals for just my students.  This years was held tonight.  Out of my 20 students 16 attended and participated.  It is always so fun for me to see them practice and be so excited to perform and then to bravely get up in front of everyone and play their pieces.  About half of my students are new to me, and to playing the piano this year, and they all did an awesome job.   (Sorry for the big pile of coats and boots in the background.  We moved the piano into the living room as we wouldn't all fit in the music room.)

Warning these pictures are all exactly the same - but I didn't know who to leave out.  They are all so cute!!










My one student broke her arm on Friday and still came and played.  What a trooper!
I have a few voice and beginner guitar students as well.  Everyone seems to enjoy the variety of performances.
The younger students always like to listen to the older kids play.  I overheard one little girl telling her mom that Alexandra (who is in Grade 7 piano) played so beautifully.  I hope it inspires them to always try their best.
Alexandra was sure that the recital started at 5:30 p.m. instead of 4:30 p.m., but I was so glad she came even if it was late.  She provided the kids with some beautiful dinner music!
After everyone performed I had a little luncheon for them.  I am always amazed at how much food little kids can pack away.
I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to teach music to these great kids.  I hope I can instill in them a love of music.  I know how important it is to me and the joy that it brings to my life.


3 comments:

  1. Those are the perfect napkins. Looks like a great group of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your pictures Lainie. I have my recitals, Tues, Wed. and THurs...about 12 at each one.
    Then icecream and cookies and presents for each of them to take home. I have each student play 3-4 carols. Tell me what you do that is different. Cute kids, and I bet they all did well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I want to know if you were concerned about your coffee table because I am!!!

    ReplyDelete