Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ready for the Holidays

I love to decorate my home for Christmas!  I love the sparkle and glitter and how it makes the house feel cosy and warm.  Now that my boys are older and will leave things alone I decided to put things in a few different places this year.  I love how it looks - but noticed it really isn't very child friendly when my adorable little nephew visited yesterday.  Actually he was really good and everything survived unscathed.

I always put the adult tree (my tree) in the living room in front of the bay window.  It really doesn't have alot on it, but almost every ornament means something to me or has a memory, so I really enjoy pulling out the decorations and trimming my tree.  I decorate this one after the boys have gone to bed.  Jason sets it up for me and puts on the lights and the ribbon.  Each year I think I should update the ribbon to something else, but they have musical notes on them and I really like how it looks.
The kids tree goes in the family room.  The boys are completely in charge of decorating their tree and they have so much fun doing it.  I really should have taken a picture of them.  Oh well, next year.
I love nativities and have a few.
I'm not very crafty but I made a Christmas cross stitch years ago.  I also made our Christmas stockings from kits - and I must admit I am super proud of them.  I think they are just adorable.  I hope we are still using them when the boys are teenagers and they are tattered and torn.

And of course you need to have a few things that sparkle!!

The house is now ready for Christmas.  Now to finish shopping and do a bit more baking!
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I love all your decorations!! My tree has been up forever but still no decorations on it. I should probably do that soon. So many more things to do. But I am done shopping and I think that is the hardest part. Happy shopping to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all your decorations Lainie. I too, love to decorate, and really admired all the things you have up. Loved the cross stitch and stockings that you made, so crafty. My decorations are silver and blue, and even though I only put up 1/4 of my decorations, didn't even put up the nutcrackers, it still looks full and nice.I hope you have a nice christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all look wonderful. I wish I had two trees. I really don't like ours cause it is a kids tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lalainia, your house looks so beautiful! Christmas really is a magical time!

    ReplyDelete