Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bookclub

I love to read but I never seem to find the time to do it much anymore.  This is one of the reasons why I love bookclub.  It forces me to find the time to read.  When we lived in the SW in the complex near my cousin Sheri, I joined her bookclub.  It was the first one I had belonged to and I really loved all the different books we read and the fun discussions we would have together.  When we bought the house we are in now (almost 4 Christmases - not sure how to spell that, ago) I really missed going.  But it was just to far to travel.  About a year ago my friend Shelley invited me to go with her to her bookclub hosted by her sister-in-law.  It has been great to be able to belong to a bookclub again, and this one comes with a perk as we always meet at restaurants, so it is a night out as well.

This past month we read The Red Tent - by Anita Diamant
It is a fictional story about Dinah the daughter of Jacob and Leah in the Bible.
I quite enjoyed the book.  Interesting to think about how day to day life might have been during Old Testament times.  One warning to those thinking of reading it - there is alot about birthing babies! We spent a few minutes talking about the book and had supper and talked and laughed.  It was a great night! 
Shelley and I
Note to self - NEVER have your picture taken when you are sitting infront of someone.  I look like Hagrid!
Can't wait for the next Bookclub!

1 comment:

  1. Your comment about your picture made me laugh. And it did NOT look like Hagrid!

    ReplyDelete