Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Missing Boots

Today is registration for kindergarten at Douglasdale School.  I decided to drive Ashton to school and  register Bowen for next year.  Not the nicest morning for it.  We get to the school - Ashton heads to class, I have Bowen take off his boots and leave them in the entry and we go to the office and I get Bowen registered for school.

Time to leave we head back to the entry to get Bowen's boots on - NO BOOTS!  No boots at all in the entry.  Who would have taken a 4 year olds boots in the middle of a snow storm.  The receptionist helps me look - no luck.  I ask if I can go down to Ashton's classroom to see if maybe he carried both sets of boots to his class.

He said he didn't, we check where he puts his coat and boots, nope!  I continue to look down the aisle and at the very end laying on the floor are boots that look just like Bowen's.  I'm pretty sure they are his - but hesitant to take them.  What if they are somebody elses.  Mrs. Howey has all the kids look to see if they are theirs and then they check to see if they have their boots.  Nobody claims them so Bowen puts them on and we come home.

I'm still baffled how they could have ended up in Ashton's classroom.  Thinking back I'm pretty sure Ashton headed to his classroom before Bowen even took his boots off.  Out of all those classrooms how did they end up in Ashton's.   I sure hope nobody is looking for their boots at 2:50 p.m. today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment