Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Too Much Information

I'm having a bit of anxiety today.
Warning to the squeamish you may not wish to keep reading!


Well lately I've been having some "issues" so I went to my doctor and after a couple tests he isn't sure what is going on so he sent me to a GI "guy" at the Foothills today.  The appointment went good (well as good as an appointment that includes a rectal exam can go) - I warned you - but he's not quite sure what is going on either.  So it looks like I'm in store for some more blood work and a Colonoscopy.  Yikes!! 

I'm a little nervous, not only for the actual procedure but also for what they might find out.  I'm sure everything will be fine, but I find my mind thinking crazy things.  I have my mother to blame for being a bit of a worrier.  I know that I need to stop freaking out - I must say I have been doing better lately.  After Dad died, every little pain I had I was sure was cancer.  I've decided that I'll just trust in Heavenly Father like I always have and all will be fine.

My new focus is on getting as healthy as I can.  The things that are in my control - like my weight, exercise, what I eat, feeding my spiritual side, time for me, etc.  Not really a resolution, but my new goals for a healthier future.  Wish me luck, and I wouldn't turn down a few prayers on my behalf on the 11th of Feb.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Lalainia! We will remember Feb 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lainie,
    I will remember you on the 11th. Sam has to have a colonoscopy too , on the 7th. I have never had one, I know they say women over 50 should have one every other year, but I am always too scared of what they would find, and so would rather not know. Isn't that stupid?
    I too, think of cancer alot...In fact, have mentally said to myself lately, I have one month to live, and so why am I keeping this. Have been getting rid of stuff. My daughters don't like the mental attitude I have , doing it though. Hopefully I have much longer than a month to live, but one never knows anymore.
    So relax and all will be well.
    Love you, AUnt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always scared of the getting ready for one. Reminds me of Ghosttown when he is drinking the stuff. Good luck and make sure you let us know the results.

    ReplyDelete