Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Visiting Teaching Luncheon

When I was in Richmond Ward I was paired up with Toni Young to do our visiting teaching.  She's a fabulous entertainer and always has such great ideas.  At Christmas time she suggested we do a Visiting Teaching Luncheon for all of the ladies that we visited at her house. 

When we moved to the Willow Park Ward I thought I'd take up the same tradition.  I had one last year in December for the 3 ladies that I taught along with my partner Odette.  This year I've been paired up with my good friend Shelley and we thought we'd do it again as she was one of the ladies who had been to my luncheon the year before.  With my Dad passing away in December we ended up postponing but were able to go ahead today - unfortunately without Emily, but Gretchen and Gail were able to attend.

The pretty table.
The place setting.
I made a chicken vegetable filling with bechamel sauce in a puff pasty, and Shelley made a broccoli salad and flapper pie for dessert.
I know I will make this an annual tradition.  It's one stop visiting teaching and such a nice way to get together and socialize.  I think everyone had a good time!

Shelley and Gail
Gretchen (I forgot to have someone take a picture of me)

1 comment:

  1. That all looks super yummy. Fabulous idea, I may copy if I ever get partner and people that don't work during the day.

    ReplyDelete