Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ashton to the Rescue!

My sister Rachel and her two little boys were able to visit the past couple of days.  On Tuesday we just hung out at home.  The boys spent some time in the pool and had fun playing together. 

On Wednesday when they came over we decided to run to the mall.  We let the boys go to the lego store and they each bought a little mini figure.  Then we thought we'd get a bite to eat at the food court.  We found a table.  If you know the food court at Chinook Mall we were sitting in the middle of the food court on the little bridge that connects the two sides.  Rachel went to go get her food first and left Jonas in the stroller and Liam with me.  Liam was sitting to my left and my boys were on my right with Bowen on the opposite side of the table. 

We were all talking and looking at a lego calendar the boys had gotten.  Liam had noticed the escalator and I was talking to him about it.  I looked to the right and when I looked back at Liam he was GONE!!  I didn't panic at first because it hadn't been long enough for him to have gone anywhere.  I glanced under the table to see if he was there and over at the other side of the table to see if he'd wanted to sit by Bowen.  After a couple of seconds I realized he wasn't there and the panic set it.

Ashton immediately went into rescue mode yelling Liam's name.  I jumped up and grabbed Jonas's stroller and was going to start running to look for him but I couldn't get the stroller to move.  Rachel had put the brake on and in my panicked state I could figure out how to move it.  I told Ashton to go one way and he took off.  I was still trying to figure out the stroller.  I then told Bowen to stay right beside Jonas and I was going to run the other way.

I quickly glanced down the way Ashton had gone one last time before I was going to take off.  Just then I saw him coming down the stairs yelling mom, with Liam!!  I've never been so relieved.  Liam didn't want to come with him so he struggled with him a bit to bring him back.  I went half way and picked him up and brought him back to the table. 

Just then Rachel came back and wondered why Liam was crying.  I was so grateful she hadn't come back while he was missing.  Can you imagine how scared she would have been.  Ashton had found Liam looking in the window at the Teddy Bear Store.  Thank goodness he got distracted by it.  The whole thing probably took 2 - 3 minutes - but it felt like an eternity.

Ashton was totally my hero!

4 comments:

  1. That is a panic. I remember losing Cora once. Glad it all worked out. Good job Ashton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love that I no longer have to put in all those secret codes and mystery words to comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared and I lost Calum once too, it is so scary...your heart totally leaves your body and yes you are right...what only takes a couple of minutes really does feel like an eternity! Quick thinking on Ashton's part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost his mother in Sears when she was about Liams age. The store security was involved in the search. I found her in the jewelry department rearranging all the little boxes of Christmas jewelry. The ladies working there were just letting her do it. I imagine they didn't think she was so cute when they had to try to match everything up again. I was frantic and had some very bad moments until she was found. Not a good feeling

      Delete