Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, August 12, 2012

More Summer Fun

I've been terribly neglectful to my poor little blog.  In the past week or so - I've had a birthday (I'll blog more about that later).  Then the boys and I went to my moms for a few days.  Our first day we went out to Little Bow Provincial Park.  The boys loved playing on the beach.  Rachel and her two little boys joined us as well.  It was a hot afternoon which I spent in the shade the entire time and still got a little pink.  I took a couple of pictures of the boys and then my battery on my camera went dead.  So that was the last of the pictures of our trip to the farm.


Second day we went into Lethbridge when mom was working.  In the afternoon in between her weight watchers we went to a movie with Rachel and her kids.  The cousins had fun playing together the rest of the afternoon until we went home with mom after she was done working.

Our last day we took the boys into the Champion pool to swim with Emry, Calum and Armin.  The pool was freezing, the boiler was broken but it didn't seem to stop them.  They swam for 3 hours.  Ashton had a great time going off the diving board.  Then Amber had us all over for a delicious supper.

Then it was time to head back to Calgary.  Mom had fallen on Wednesday morning and twisted her ankle really badly.  It was getting more and more swollen so we thought she had better get it checked out.  So I took her to the Vulcan Hospital on our way back home and then Jared came and got her once it got looked at.  Luckily she didn't break it, but it is a really bad sprain and will need physical therapy.

On Friday morning a friend had invited me and the boys to breakfast at Cora's.  I think it was the best eggs benedict I'd ever had.  She is our choir leader at church and I play for the choir and she said she wanted to thank me for all I do.  I thought it was so thoughtful of her and we had a nice time visiting.

Then on Saturday my Aunt Sheila had invited mom and our family over for our annual get together.  Aunt Sheila, Sheri, Janelle, Rob, Maddie, Rob's parents, and my cousin Becky and her family were there.  We had a yummy dinner of pizza and salads and enjoyed visiting.  Jason shared some pictures he's taken of what he is working on at the temple.  It was fun to spend time with family.


(Here's a good shot of mom's poor foot!!)



Today was church.  Then we had invited Jason's boss at the temple over for dinner.  He is staying in a hotel while he is here and is probably sick of restaurant food.  We had delicious steaks, taber corn, roasted potatoes, caesar salad and cheesecake with raspberries for dessert. 

Sorry this blog was a bit long winded, but I needed to catch up.  We did alot - no wonder I'm tired!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your blog Lainie. Hope you have been taking care of your mom's foot. It looked awful and so sore. Loved seeing you on Sat. We need to get together more. I miss seeing my neice who is a replica of her aunt sheila, so your dad always said. Enjoy the rest of the summer. See you on the 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is to bad the pool was cold. I don't like that. Looks like lots of fun anyways.

    ReplyDelete