Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Taking the Bull by the Horn

We've been having a gorgeous, hot summer, but every once in awhile we get a break from the heat with a rainy day.  That's when my boys pull out their lego and start building.  A week or so ago we had one such day and Ashton decided he wanted to rebuild his millenium falcon.  It had fallen apart into several pieces so he completely took it apart and got to work.

So many pieces!


About midway.

It took all day but it's done!
Bowen's latest creation.




The boys and I have been missing having Jason home but he has sure been enjoying his experience working in the temple.  The other day he was painting the ceiling of the baptistry room above the font and noticed a couple of men start wheeling in the oxen that will circle the font.  There were only a couple of them and they were wanting to lift these marble cast oxen down to where they needed to be.  The elevator was not functional so they asked Jason and another man on the painting crew if they would mind giving them a hand.  Jason jumped at the chance to get to see them up close.  He said he literally grabbed the bull by the horns and helped with the oxen.  It is so fun to hear all the stories that Jason comes home with.  How special this temple will be to him and to our family.  I can't wait for the open house!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome experience he is having. Pioneers in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the stories that you share. I am sure there is way more happening then I have heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashton looks exhausted after finishing. I can't wait for the open house either!!!! What amazing stories for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete