Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, November 19, 2012

Primary, Primary, Primary

My kickoff to the Christmas season happened this weekend.  On Saturday our primary presidency hosted a luncheon for all the primary workers.  I made chicken taco soup and buns, Dyane brought a delicious sausage potato soup, Stephanie brought a great spinach salad and Nancy brought a delicious cheesecake and chocolate roll for dessert.

I packaged up chocolates as gifts and got the table ready.



We had 16 out of 19 people come.  It was a great time.  The food was delicious, and we all had a nice time visiting.

Sunday was the primary sacrament meeting presentation.  I was relieved it went pretty well.  We had a bit of a glitch at the beginning when I learned out our pianist's baby was sick and she wasn't able to come.  So I quickly found up the music I needed, asked one of my counsellor's to sit by the pulpit to prompt the kids and I jumped on the piano.

We only had the mic turned off once, and two little ones were too scared to say their parts.  I was so pleased how it turned out.  The kids knew their parts and sang beautifully.  There was such a sweet spirit throughout.

After the presentation the kids went to class and then came to the primary room.  We watched a living scriptures video and gave them popcorn and rice krispie squares.

Later that evening I had the priesthood preview at the Bishop's house.  I whipped up some rice krispie squares and headed to the Bishop's.  I got home about 9:30 p.m., breathed a sign of relief.  What a great weekend, but I'm grateful it's behind me.  Now to make fondant for the big chocolate making get together at the farm on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute Santa bags. Where did you find those? I am excited about this weekend but not really excited about making fondant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table setting also. What a busy weekend. Glad it all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly an amazing woman Lalainia!!! I really love you and admire the strength you have! I too can't wait for Saturday! I am so looking forward to a girls day!

    ReplyDelete