Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, November 26, 2012

Twilight and Chocolates

Had another busy but great weekend.  It started on Friday.  A good friend of mine offered to pick up my boys from the school bus and I headed out of town early.  Stopped in Champion and picked up Amber and mom then we met up with Rachel and Char and went to the final Twilight movie.  I thought the movie was fun and we had a great time together.  We stuck to tradition and went to Streatside for "turtle cheesecake".  So yummy!!

Mom and Rachel enjoying their desserts!

Amber enjoying her chocolate milk!!

Charmaine enjoyed her dessert too!
After a fun late night we met up again at Amber's to dip chocolates.  We had all made and brought 3 batches of fondant each with a few extras batches - 19 batches in all.  We got off to a bit of a late start as our resident experts attempted to figure out Amber's can opener ...


Thank goodness Amber returned and we got started!

We had fun together as we rolled and dipped chocolates alllllll day!!  We didn't finish up until about 9:30 p.m. but so worth it.



My boys stayed home with Jason and went to Jason's work party at the zoo Saturday morning.  All the kids who were around were a big help and got along so well.  Calum was a constant source of entertainment - either running around the house singing "You Don't Know You're Bootiful" - by One Direction, or walking around the yard in his dad's gum boots and a pair of underwear over his pants.  Such a cute boy!


I love spending time with my mom and sisters.  Chocolate making is so much work, but such a great tradition and I'm grateful mom is passing down her talents to us.

5 comments:

  1. Love the can opener pictures that was a classic moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok why didn't you tell me I had a massive double chin!!!! I had lots of fun on the weekend. It was so fun to spend time with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures!! Thanks for putting them up! It was a fantastic weekend! I really love all of you guys do much and I feel just as loved back!! I am truly blessed to be apart of such an amazing family!

    Yes, Calum really is a riot!!! I loved how he said he needed more pactrice when putting the toppings on the chocolates!!! Thanks for an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved being with all of you. Friday night was so much fun!! It was exactly what I needed. My four girls are amazing!!!! I don't know if I would be very excited about making chocolates if everyone didn't get together. It is so satisfying to see Grandma Hannahs tradition of making Christmas chocolates continued. She would love all of you!!!!! I love all of you too!! Love Mom P.

    ReplyDelete