Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In

One week in - it didn't go too badly.  I didn't quite meet all my goals but it was good start.  So this week I lost ...
1 lb

I've got a really busy couple of months ahead so I really need to stay focused.  When I put myself last is when I fall back into bad habits and the weight doesn't come off.  I did better tracking my food and I think that helped, but I didn't exercise as much as I should of.  So the goal this week is to exercise more.

So after my little fall last week I decided I needed some comfort food so I made some delicious homemade buns and beef stew.  I need to share my stew recipe.  It is out of the Better Homes cookbook - it is so easy to make and is delicious!




Old Fashioned Beef Stew

2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 cups vegetable juice (I use original V8 juice)
1 cup water
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1 tsp instant beef bouillon granules
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes (about 3 medium)
1 cup frozen cut green beans
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 cup sliced carrots (2 medium)

Place flour in a plastic bag.  Add meat cubes shaking to coat.  In a large pan brown meat, half at a time in hot oil.  (I sometimes skip this step and haven't really noticed the difference.)  Put meat in crock pot.  Layer onion, potatoes, green beans, corn and carrots on top.  Combine vegetable juice, water, bouillon granules, worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Pour over meat and vegetables in crock pot.  Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 - 8 hours or till meat and vegetables are tender.

I'm going to go jump on my treadmill now and then it is time to start making fondant to make chocolates for Saturday.  Til I report back next Wednesday!!

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved your stew. Remember when you made it for me when Blake was in the Children's Hospital. Best comfort food ever.

    ReplyDelete