Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, February 25, 2013

The More the Merrier

As I mentioned in a previous blog our family had a little holiday to Edmonton last week.  After a very eventful Friday we were headed home on Saturday.  We had planned on going to Galaxyland but Ashton had been sick overnight and was not feeling up to it.

We met a friend of Jason's for breakfast at the mall and had a nice time catching up, and then the boys played a few games at an arcade.



Driving out of Edmonton Ashton asked if we could drive past the Edmonton Temple.


While travelling Ashton was feeling sick to his stomach so I gave him a bag just in case he thought he needed to throw up.  When I turned around to check on him I saw this...


I guess that's easier than holding it!  What a goofy boy!

Another big reason for this trip was to visit Jason's newly found aunts.  If you remember in the summer Jason made contact with his Dad's two sisters.  We were so excited to finally meet them and to be able to see pictures of Jason's dad.  We had a great visit and they were very warm and welcoming to all of us.

His Aunt Shirley on the left, and his Aunt Dorothy on the right.

They had made some copies of pictures for Jason to have of his dad.

Dorothy on the left, then Kenneth (Jason's Dad) and then Shirley
Dorothy, Kenneth, Shirley (I see a resemblance to Jason in this picture)
The hair cracks me up, if Jason grew his hair out it would totally look like that - especially if we blow dried it!

Jason's Dad is on the left in the white suit, his profile reminds me of Jason.  The lady in the pink dress is his Grandma, and the man beside her is his grandfather.
Jason's Grandmother - she passed away in 2006
Jason's dad is on the right - obviously, look at that hair!  The cross around his neck we think is the one Jason has!

What a blessing to finally have some pictures and to have met some of Jason's family.  I can't speak for Jason but I know this has meant a great deal to him and has lifted a weight that has been on him for many years.  We are excited that our extended family has expanded - the more the merrier!

3 comments:

  1. Yes the hair is very nice. I would love to see Jason's blown dry like that:) I am so glad he got some pictures. That is wonderful. Ashton with the bag totally made me laugh. Glad it was a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled for Jason, and of course you and the boys. It is wonderful that you could meet some of his Dads family and that they were so welcoming. I can just imagine how pleased Dad would be that he was successful with his search. He was so hopeful that Jason could achieve the dreams he had. I see Jason in his Dad also. His hair would be exactly the same if he let it grow that long. I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Ashton with the bag. What a genius!!! Always thinking!!! Love you all lots. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great trip and such a special bit of history for your family to have! Jason is such a wonderful man and I am thankful I can call him brother! It loos like it was a good trip all around, and that Ashton...I can see him being some kind of inventor!! Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete