Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Update and an 8 Week Challenge

This past weekend was busy and great.  It started on Friday when Jason and I were able to attend the sealing at the Calgary Temple of some dear friends and their two little children.  What a privilege it was to be there.  To see that sweet family all dressed in white sealed together for time and all eternity was something I will never forget.  I was glad I had thought ahead and brought kleenex.  After, Jason and I decided we already had the babysitter watching the boys so we took advantage and went out for a romantic dinner.  We always have a great time together and it was awesome to have some time alone.

On Saturday Jason took the boys to a local lego exhibit.  They all had a great time and told me all about it when they got home.  Unfortunately Jason's phone was dead so he couldn't take any pictures.  Later that afternoon Bowen attended a classmates birthday party - finally someone had their party on a Saturday!!  Then we spent the rest of the day doing housework and grocery shopping for Sunday.

Sunday was a typical busy day for us.  Meetings, church, choir etc.  After church we had invited Jason's brother Ty, his wife Jill and their two boys Dane and Bennett for supper.  It was great to see them and we had a yummy dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, spinach salad and yorkshires with gravy and cheesecake for dessert.  I got in some much needed cuddle time with Bennett.  It was a great night.  Of course no visit to our house is complete without a lightsaber fight.




So I'm changing up how I am approaching my weightloss efforts.  Thanks to Char and Rachel's suggestions myself and my sister, sister in laws and mom are going to be participating in an 8 week challenge.  Rachel found the idea off of sixsistersstuff.com blog


Take a look if you want to try it.  Every week you earn points by how much weight you lose, as well as for drinking water, exercise, keeping a food journal, etc.  We are each putting in $20.00 dollars and the money will be split between whoever has the biggest percentage of weight loss, and the person who earns the most weekly points.

I'm excited about a new challenge and am happy to report that I have already exercised this morning.  Stay tuned each Monday morning for a report on how the past week went.  Thanks to Jill and Char who suggested I put my workout clothes on when I get up in the morning and then exercise as soon as I get back from taking the boys to the bus.  It totally worked this morning.  Good luck to my teammates!

1 comment:

  1. The Lego Exhibit sounds awesome. I bet it was great to see.

    ReplyDelete