Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I Love About Bowen

My "not so little" Bowen is 7 years old.  Wow, the years sure fly!

Seven things I love about Bowen ...

1.  Bowen is really funny.  He has a quick wit and keeps us all laughing.
2.  Bowen is very loving - especially towards me.  I get hugs and kisses all day long.  His new way to kiss me is one on the lips, one on each cheek and one last kiss on my forehead.  LOVE IT!!
3.  Bowen is very dramatic.  He is one fiesty, overdramatic little boy.  I think it's fabulous!
4.  Bowen has beautiful hair.  I love the red in his hair and I hope it doesn't change to much.
5.  Bowen is so smart.  He loves school, loves to read and learn.
6.  Bowen is musical.  He loves to sing, and is interested in learning to play instruments.
7.  Bowen is creative.  He has a great imagination and can create things, or play independently for hours.

This past Saturday we had a party for Bowen.  He woke up Saturday morning with a fever and we were worried we were going to have to cancel.  We got some tylenol in him and he rested and seemed a bit better by party time.


Bowen invited three buddies from school.  They arrived at noon and we had lunch.  Hot dogs, chips, grapes, and juice boxes - every little boys favorite!


After lunch we took the boys to a movie.  We saw "Wreck It Ralph", the kids enjoyed the movie.  I thought it was pretty cute too!


When we got home it was time for presents.  Bowen was very excited about his presents.  That's another thing I love about Bowen - he is a very gracious gift receiver.



Then it was time for cake.  I had seen a cute idea on pinterest to turn a cake into lego bricks.  I attempted to duplicate - it wasn't perfect but the boys seemed to like it.




As soon as his friends were picked up - Bowen got to work putting his presents together.


Yesterday was Bowen's actual birthday.  Bowen had requested homemade pizza for supper.


Then it was time to open a couple presents.


I wonder if he likes it??
Thanking his brother!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOWEN - WE LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad he didn't have to cancel his party. The Lego cake turned out awesome. Good job. I love that he has two different hair colors, on top and underneath. It is a fabulous color. I also love his dramatic side, he defiantly knows what he wants and that will be good as he gets older. He can stand up to peer pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those things about Bowen too!! I love the cake. It turned out great. Did Ashton get his hair cut short like he wanted to? I must see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love my Bowen!!!! He is so clever and keeps my laughing. I enjoy the way he greets me when I visit. I wonder how long he will throw his arms around me!! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Don't grow up too fast Bowen!! Happy Birthday!! Love Grandma P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been commenting but for some reason they aren't showing up!!

    Anyway, what a special tribute to a sweet little boy, or not so little!!! Happy birthday Bowen, we love he can always make us laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete