Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In - Week 4 & An Update

Today is Wednesday, and I of course am supposed to weigh today.  Just thought I'd let anyone interested know - that didn't happen.  I was a little distracted this morning and forgot to weigh.  Now it is too late in the day as my weight always goes up as the day progresses.  So I'm going to wait until next week to weigh in.

I'm continuing with my same struggles.  I am having a hard time being motivated to work out.  I know if I just do it I'll feel so much better so I'm really going to do my best to improve.  If anyone has any tips on how to get myself started I'm all ears.

I did much better with drinking water.  I took Rachel's advice and have been using my big water bottle to help keep track of how much I've been drinking.

So the goal this week is the same as before to exercise 4 -5 times.  I really want to do better with my exercise - plus I've got my cute workout jar I want to fill with money.  I'll be back next week, with less of me to weigh ;)


As for the reason I was distracted this morning was because as you all know I had my first mammogram on Monday.  Well, yesterday I got a call from the diagnostic place asking me to come back in for an ultrasound.    My appointment was for this morning.  I am quite proud of myself that I didn't overreact and panic - but you can't help but be a little nervous in hoping that everything is alright.

So I show up for the ultrasound and I'm told that the radiologist saw some cysts in my left breast that he just wanted a better look at - nothing to be concerned about, easy for them to say.  The technician did the ultrasound and then left me in the room to wait while she showed the images to the radiologist.  I was a bit nervous while she was gone.  She came back a few minutes later and said that the doctor said everything looked fine!!

Whew!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, they were just making sure, which is awesome they are that thorough.
    Glad it all went well.
    Keep drinking that water. I am terrible drinking water, never drink it, just my diet coke. And exercise is a thing of the past with my bad knee. Guess that is why I am the size I am. Keep trying. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE exercising!! I too need motivation in that department. Why is it so hard to lose weight and be healthy? I was looking at past pictures of myself and liked what I saw, however I remember how much work it was to get there...totally worth it but way too much work! When you find the motivation secret let me know what it is!!!

    I am glad the ultrasound went well, that would be really nerve wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the motivation secret also:) Glad your results where good. I would have had a panic. Also glad they are double checking to make sure and you did have to worry for a week or so until you got the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if we all had a little competition? Think of the next time we are going to get together and see who has lost the most by then. Of make a point of emailing everyday to ask if we did exercise to be held accountable???

    ReplyDelete