Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, February 4, 2013

Welcome to the Club

Disclaimer - for any male readers (I doubt there are many) this may not be the blog for you!!

So today I went for my very first mammogram.  I must admit I was pretty nervous about it.  As I got in the exam room, and the technician was asking me a few questions, she asked if I'd ever had a mammogram before.  I told her no "this is my first time" she replied with "welcome to the club".  That made me feel "OLD".  Don't old ladies have mammograms!  I'm not quite ready to be part of this club.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.  It was pretty uncomfortable, but not overly painful. I was grateful Jason had suggested I take a pain killer before I went - I really think that probably helped.   It was more awkward that anything.  As you lay your breast out on a platform in front of a total stranger as she pulls and then a machine flattens it.  I felt a bit like a chicken breast being flattened to make into chicken cordon bleu.  I also thought I was probably going to need to roll them back up to fit them back into my bra.

The other day the boys overheard me tell Jason that I had booked my mammogram and Ashton wanted to know what that was.  So I told them.  Ashton told me that he hoped my breasts would go back into their original shape, and Bowen answered with "yeah, then you'll have square breasts".  Rachel says I'm a little too open with my boys - maybe I am!!

Anyway I'm glad that is done and I'm not worse for wear!

4 comments:

  1. This totally made me laugh. I always thought it would be more embarrassing than hurt. Cora thinks I'm to open with Blake also, but I think that if they really know what goes on with women and what we go through they will respect the situation better when they are dating and married. Of course that is my personal opinion and many may not agree. Hope all comes back well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up!!! I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. As for being to open with your boys I secretly think it is great and I agree with Char. I am sure my boys will hear many a thing they really would rather not know from their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch is all I can say!! I too am quite open with our kids...but I would rather they hear it from us then from kids at school and then be curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny Lainie. No old ladies don't need these anymore, and no more paps either. See there are some advantages to being old.

    ReplyDelete