Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, November 26, 2010

My Social Butterfly

Bowen has started preschool this year and is loving it.  He goes to "Little Learners" right here in Douglas Glen and it is fabulous.  He has the same teacher as Ashton did and he loves her just as much. 
Bowen's first day of preschool - September 2010
I was a little worried that Bowen might have a harder time making friends than Ashton did.  Ashton has always been friendly and outgoing, Bowen is a bit more shy.  But to my surprise Bowen has become something of a social butterfly.  He has already had two friends that have approached us for playdates and I've enjoyed the social aspect with the moms as well.  A couple of weeks ago Bowen had his first playdate with his good friend Holden.  The boys had a great time together and Holden's mom and I had a great visit and got to know each other better.  (Unfortunately my camera battery was dead so I have no pictures).

This Thursday Bowen had the opportunity to have another playdate, this time with his friend Jakob.  Jakob, his little sister Scarlett and their mom came over to play.  The kids had lots of fun together, with no fighting.  Other than Bowen trying to dictate WHAT is played with (he's a bit bossy!, I have no idea where he gets that - must be his Dad) a good time was had by all.
Bowen and Jakob playing playdoh
Cute Little Scarlett
Bowen teaching Jakob how to play games on the DS
I hope we have lots more playdates in our future!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little redhead. Love the first picture of him. So grown up and HANDSOME.
    The joy of playdates, such fun, remembering them well with my kids.
    Friends are so important to children, and I guess to all of us.
    Thanks for sharing. Love your blog.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grand time. I'm glad he likes school.

    ReplyDelete