Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Weigh-In - Week 16

So here we go again!  Are you getting as bored with this weekly update as I am.  I found this week tougher than I expected.  Too much halloween candy around - but I really did my best to stay out of it.  When I weighed this morning I found this week I've lost ...

.5 lbs

Which brings my grand total to date back to 14 lbs lost!  I'm happy it is at least going back in the right direction.  Although I've been dancing around the same weight for over a month now.  I really need to step it up.  I don't want to give up and the holiday season is just around the corner.  Today I should get plenty of exercise as I have tons of housework to do before 12 people come over tonight for a bishopric dinner.  We are cooking a 15 lb prime rib - wish me luck - I hope we don't end up ordering Chinese food!  My goals this week are to lose 1.5 - 2 lbs and to exercise a minimum of 3 times.  I'll report back next Friday!

Did you realize today is 11/11/11.  Plus of course it is remembrance day.  I am so grateful for the freedoms I enjoy and for the many brave men and women who have lost their lives defending them.  Bowen came home from school yesterday with this sweet little poem to recite to us:

Little Poppy

Little Poppy given to me
Help me keep Canada safe and free.

He said it so serious and slow and deliberate.  It was so sweet.  I think I've had him say it about 10 times!

LEST WE FORGET

1 comment:

  1. That is a great poem. We always go to the school
    Remembrance Day program so I didn't go to one yesterday. I probably should have.

    ReplyDelete