Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Fun

Our halloween festivities started with carving pumpkins on Sunday night.  Jason and the boys love this activity.  A couple nights before they had each picked out their pumpkins and had decided on a theme for this years pumpkins.











After helping the boys with their pumpkins, Jason finishing his up at 11:30 p.m.


Gru and his minions!
 We had a busy and fun halloween.  My day started with making sugar cookies for Bowen's kindergarten class.  Bowen's class had a little party and he was able to wear his costume to school.
After school, supper, finishing up costumes and teaching two students we were finally ready to go trick or treating.  We had been watching Dane so after his mom got off work they joined us to trick or treat for a few houses.  We're not sure if Dane liked wearing his costume or not!

My mom offered to come up this year and hand out candy, so I was able to join the boys trick or treating.  I was going to wear my gypsy outfit, but I was a party pooper - it was too cold!

Jason made Ashton a cool "ion blaster"

Dane with a full bucket ready to head home!
Candy bag getting super heavy
Trick or treating at our house too!
The boys collected a ridiculous amount of candy!!
As we were finishing up trick or treating and walking back to the house, Bowen says to me "Mom, can we have a treat before bed?"  I thought it was hilarious that he was carrying this huge bag of candy and thought I wouldn't let him eat any of it.  The boys had a few treats, okay maybe we all had a few treats and watched Walt Disney's Icabod Crane's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  We sent some very tired boys to bed and mom, Jason and I watched "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp.  We had a fun halloween.  I will not eat my children's candy,  I will not eat my children's candy ...  I guess we'll find out on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. As we were coming home last night I thought why didn't I take pictures of them trick or treating. Duh. You are way smarter. I LOVE the pumpkins. So awesome. I stuck all the candy in my closet where Dave is sleeping all day so I can't get at it. I will see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete