Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Great Big Kiss

This past week with Father's Day approaching I've been thinking alot about my Dad.  I miss him so much!  I miss him more than I ever knew I would.  I trusted his opinion more than anyone elses, and there was a peace in always knowing my Dad was around and would help me if I ever needed it without a moments hesitation.  I've also come to realize just how much he influenced my life.  The other day I was teaching a new song to one of my guitar students.  It was a favorite of mine that my Dad played often.  It was nice that it reminded me of him.  When I watch Coronation Street or anything British I always think of Dad.  My brothers remind me of him.  He was a great man and I'm honoured and proud to be his daughter.  Happy Father's Day Dad!!

Another wonderful Dad is my husband.  He loves our boys and is such a great example for them.  We had a nice Father's Day together as a family today.

My handsome boys ready for church!
In primary today we had the kids make a candy tie for their Dads.  Love pintrest!  The kids enjoyed making them and I hope the Dads liked their salt water taffy.


After church the boys gave their Dad the gifts they had made at school.



From Bowen Jason got a card, a Daddy book, and a picture of a landscape Bowen had painted.

The book read ...
My Daddy Book by Bowen
My Daddy is a handsome man.
My Daddy likes to watch hockey.
I love my Daddy's pancakes.

From Ashton he received a pencil holder, in the cutest wrapping on a Dad's shirt and tie.



Then I got him a computer game.


Mom came up for dinner and to spend a couple of days with us.  We had steak, caesar salad, baked potatoes, cucumbers in mayonaise for dinner.  Very yummy!!



With rootbeer floats for dessert.




Happy Father's Day to my fabulous husband.  We sure love you and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment