Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, June 15, 2012

Tears at the Breakfast Table

It has become a tradition that I make homemade toffees for my students' year end gift. Why do I start these things!  As next week is our last week of lessons, I thought I'd get ahead of all the things I need to do, so I made a batch of toffees yesterday - even got them wrapped. (I know domestic goddess!)  Just need the bags to put them in.


As I was making Ashton's lunch for school today I thought I'd throw a couple in for him for a treat.  So I said to him ... "Ashton run down and on top of the freezer are some toffees, grab a couple for your lunch", as soon as I said it and saw his little face I knew the blunder I had just made.  He said "toffees!" and started to cry.  You see - HE CAN'T HAVE TOFFEES with his retainer.  I felt so bad!  He loves my homemade toffees.  I promised him that tonight before he brushes his teeth he can take out his retainer and have one (even though he is not supposed to).  What a bad mom - making my kid cry at the breakfast table!

1 comment:

  1. Evilness!!! I remember everything I was supposed to give up with braces. Almond Roca was my greatest sadness. I am glad he get one tonight.

    ReplyDelete