Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, June 28, 2012

Schooool's Out for Summer!


Yesterday was the last day of school this year.  Ashton came flying off the bus yelling - "I'm free! I'm free!"

Bowen not so much.


Ashton enjoyed school this year, but is definitely needing a break.  Bowen on the other hand has loooved school and is quite sad that it is over until September.  It is always hard for him to say goodbye to teachers he's loved as well.

Real tears even.
By the time we got home, he was trying to be excited.


My sister Rachel and her two little boys had spent the day with me and were still here when the boys got home.  They had fun playing together before she had to get back to Strathmore to pick up her hubby.


Really could this picture be any more precious!
When Jason got home from work we decided to take the boys out for supper to celebrate their last day of school and as a reward for bringing home such great report cards. 

Ashton's teacher had written "Ashton has had a strong third term in Grade Two.  With his dedicated and serious approach to learning, Ashton will experience many successes in Grade Three."  Grade Three - how do I have a boy in Grade Three!!!

Bowen's teacher wrote "I couldn't have imagined this year without Bowen.  It has been a wonderful and memorable experience to work and learn with a child as marvelous as Bowen."  Marvelous??  I don't think anybody has ever called me marvelous!

So we went to ABC Restaurant.  On Wednesday nights at our local ABC Restaurant they have a guy that makes balloon creations for the kids.  Ashton picked a doublesided lightsaber ...


and Bowen had him make him a racecar ...





That completes another successful school year.  Now to enjoy our summer!!

5 comments:

  1. Poor Bowen!!! He looks so sad but I am sure he will soon be excited about summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did look sad. But Ashton made up for it:) Like the balloon creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you hear me now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it's a good thing that you can now comment! hahaha

      Delete
    2. I'm excited I can comment. Poor Bowen. I bet he will soon be having lots of fun. If he gets too bored I'm sure he will be thrilled about the morning chore charts you have in mind.Hahaha

      Delete