Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Champion 105th Celebration

The July 1st Weekend my home town of Champion was holding its 105th Celebrations.  We decided after attending the Pancake Breakfast here in Calgary we would head to my mom's farm for the rest of the weekend.

We arrived at mom's on Friday night.  She had prepared a yummy dinner of butter chicken (Bowen's favorite) for us.  After dinner the boys decided to do some archery.  Ashton bought a bow a few years ago with his end of school money, but has outgrown it so we decided to pass it down to Bowen.  It is in great shape still and has several arrows.  We purchased a new, bigger bow for Ashton.  It is pretty tough for him to pull back but he's getting better at it.  A few months ago Jason found a bow on Kijiji that he purchased for himself for Father's Day.




I think this will be a great hobby for the three of them to do together.  I always enjoyed archery in school, maybe I'll join them as well.

Later that night we headed into Champion to watch "Zootopia" at the school.  It was a cute movie and Cadence was pretty good until the end.  She was so overtired.  After the movie we watched the fireworks.  I love fireworks.  They were great!

The next morning started with a pancake breakfast and then a parade down mainstreet.  The parade was fun and the kids scored lots of candy.







They had lots of different activities happening during the day.  A History display at the hall, a trick dog show, highland games, baseball tournament, petting zoo, etc.  Cadence loved the petting zoo, especially the bunnies.





Then the boys went and watched the lawnmower races while we took Cadence for a little drive in the truck so she could have a much needed nap.

We finished up the day with a bbq beef on a bun dinner.  We all had a great time.  I enjoy bringing my family to my hometown and farm.  Lots of great memories!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of them all lined up with their bows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun having you guys there, Emry loves playing with your boys!!!!! Great pictures of the bow and arrows!

    ReplyDelete