Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, July 21, 2016

Cousin Fun

On Tuesday my mom, and my sister and her three kids came up to Calgary and we all went to Heritage Park for the day.

They stopped here first and we had lunch.  We had egg salad, and roast beef sandwiches, carrot sticks, grapes, pickles, juice with cookies for dessert.

Then we piled all the kids into our vehicles and headed out for the day.

The girls all ready to go!

We all had a great time.  We finally had a day without rain and a couple of us (namely me) felt a bit cooked by the time we got home.  Mom and Rachel hadn't been to Heritage Park for years so it was fun to be able to go with them.

We looked in all the old buildings and the kids tried out the vintage rides.

Cadence trying out the boat ride.

I couldn't believe my brave little girl.  She wanted to go on the little ferris wheel.  I didn't think she'd be tall enough - but sure enough she was.  She did great.  She really enjoyed the ride.




My favorite the old schoolhouse.  Just like the one on Little House on the Prairie.




The kids all in jail.



A trip to Heritage Park isn't complete without a stop for ice cream.  Grandma treated us all.  So yummy!

Good grief that's as big as his head!


Stopped at Gasoline Alley on our way out.



Eating their treats!

Such a great day.  The cousins had so much fun together.  My boys said they enjoyed having some one on one time with their little cousins.  Ashton gave lots of piggie back rides to Jonas and went on rides and walked together.  I hope they will always be great friends and we can spend lots of time together as families.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun!! I've never been to Heritage Park. One day we will all have to go together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time. Looks like a neat place. And of course ice cream is a must. :) So cute Cadence on the ferris wheel all by herself.

    ReplyDelete